[FFmpeg-devel] libavfilter-soc: select and snapshot filters

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Sat May 30 11:51:53 CEST 2009

On date Thursday 2009-05-28 16:21:05 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 01:07:45AM +0200, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > BTW, I don't think it is a good idea to commit to the SVN soc all
> > these filters, API will likely still change and we should avoid to
> > complicate the integration, but I believe it would be useful to start
> > to collect the interesting filters somewhere (in the wiki?).
>
> did it maybe cross your mind that it would make sense to try to get
> filters into ffmpeg svn?
>
> i mean, i said it before but this avfilter work outside ffmpeg svn is
> very strange, is it really so much fun to have to rewrite it all from
> scratch?
> and now you suggest to chop your other foot off too, well if you like
> i dont mind, but
> filters in wiki, then to get into soc svn, full rewrite once they are
> reviewed by vitor, and then again 2nd full rewrite once they are reviewed
> by me when they are finally after 15 years submitted for inclusion in
> ffmpeg svn

Then I suggest to commit to the libavfilter-soc filters, this should
also increase the level of interests of all the potential users ->
more patches, but that could be also have a negative effects, since to
change the API will require more effort if we have many filters
already committed.

So maybe the best thing to do now is to focus efforts on the main repo
integration, I'll get back to that in these days.

Regards.
--
FFmpeg = Faithful & Funny Magical Peaceless Elected Gargoyle