[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] lcldec: export YUV data as YUV

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat May 30 18:30:38 CEST 2009

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 02:20:23PM +0200, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> Hello,
> attached patch makes the LCL decoder output YUV frames where the encoded
> data is YUV, instead of doing YUV->RGB internally.
> The UV data is signed, so the code does this conversion. This obviously
> can be optimized since it could be done e.g. 4 bytes at a time via xor
> 0x80808080, but this just doesn't seem _that_ important to me.
> I suspect there might be ways to do it a bit less ugly, but I think it
> is already an improvement as-is.
> I admit though that the libswscale conversion used is unlikely to be
> bit-exact to the original fixed-point one, though visually I couldn't
> really see a difference.

do we have some active maintainer for lcl? if not maybe you want to take
over?

Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give
it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For
even the very wise cannot see all ends. -- Gandalf