[FFmpeg-devel] [BUG] h264 picture reordering fails

Haruhiko Yamagata h.yamagata
Sun May 31 10:51:33 CEST 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009, fenrir wrote:
> This point has been discusses on the JVT mailing list, it was said that
> negative POC are valids, they just mean that the picture has to be displayed
> before the IDR.

OK, I understand.
Then negative POC should typically be -2, while longer reference chains are theoretically possible.

Obviously it is not the case with mine. The frame with POC 0 happens to be a B frame.

Best regards,
Haruhiko Yamagata