[FFmpeg-devel] about participating in the development of FFmpeg

Diego Biurrun diego
Wed Nov 11 11:01:09 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 10:58:36AM +0800, sam lewis wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 3:01 AM, Frank Barchard <fbarchard at google.com> wrote:

> >> Small tasks, great for entry-level coding:
> >> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Small_FFmpeg_Tasks
> >> Since you have MMX/SSE experience, optimizations could be a great task
> >> to work on, but anything from this list is welcome.
> >>
> >> Or pick any bug from the issue tracker (http://roundup.ffmpeg.org/)
> >> and go do your thing!
> >
> > There are also Chrome related bugs/optimizations, which we track here:
> > http://crbug.com?q=label:video <http://crbug.com/?q=label:video>
> > <http://crbug.com/?q=label:video>The main small task would be integrating
> > security fixes.
>
> Thanks a lot for your instruction. I have checked the page
> http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Small_FFmpeg_Tasks
> I found the task
>     RealAudio 14.4 encoder
> most interesting and would like to work on that task.

Careful, encoders are quite difficult for newcomers.

You might also want to have a look at the list of interesting patches
and try to clean one up for inclusion:

http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Interesting_Patches

This should give you a good feel for FFmpeg development.

Diego

P.S.: Please trim your quotes.