[FFmpeg-devel] MP4A-LATM support?

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Wed Nov 11 14:54:08 CET 2009

Hi all,

a patch was recently posted to implement support for MP4A-LATM in RTP.
I am currently working on that patch, and I am trying to understand
what's the better way to implement such functionality...

In order to avoid duplicate work and to prepare a patch that is not
consistent with the rest of ffmpeg, I have some questions about
MP4A-LATM:
1) It seems to me that libavformat and libavcodec do not currently
    support it... Is anyone working on LATM support?
2) Does anyone know where can I find some freely available information
    about LATM?
3) The submitted patch rework the RTP muxer to accept "regular" AAC, and
    to add some LATM header to it before RTP packetisation. But I got the
    impression that maybe a bitstream filter can be a better idea...
    Can anyone with some experience with LATM comment on this? If LATM
    support for other formats will be implemented, how will it work?
    Through a bitstream filter, or directly in the muxer?

			Thanks,
				Luca