[FFmpeg-devel] about participating in the development of FFmpeg

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos
Wed Nov 18 10:47:28 CET 2009

sam lewis <sam.lews <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I agree that it is proper to choose some simpler task to get fammilar with
> the project. On the interesting patches list, I found 'PES packetizer' quite
> interesting. I would like to help clean up this patch. Would you please
> give me some more information about this patch?

It needs svn cp libavformat/mpegenc.c libavformat/mpeg_pes_enc.c

> Or should I choose another to work on?

I'd just like to add that I believe the "G722 decoder by Chas Williams" might be
the simplest task (to start).

> As to the RealAudio encoder, I would like to continue working on it but
> as a long term task. The RealAudio decoder seems to be contained
> in ra144.c and ra288.c. I think it will take me about 1-2 moths to finish the
> encoder.

Good luck, this certainly would be welcome!
(Note that lately, it was difficult to get encoders through the patch reviews...)

Carl Eugen