[FFmpeg-devel] Testsuite for ffmpeg

compn tempn
Mon Nov 23 21:28:08 CET 2009

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 07:46:18 -0800, Mike Melanson wrote:
>Andrea wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I am looking for a series of videos that would cover as many formats
>> supported by ffmpeg as possible. I believe some kind of test suite exists
>> already and is probably run to validate a new version of ffmpeg (and/or
>> mplayer).
>>
>> I found the following folder:
>> ftp://upload.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/samples/testsuite/
>http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/fate-suite/
>
>Not complete, but better than the test suite you discovered.

those files in the fate-suite are already tested with ffmpeg.
status is reported here : http://fate.multimedia.cx/

it might not be worth it to test those same samples yourself.

gstreamer also has a testsuite:
samples: http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/media/
report: http://core.fluendo.com/gst-media-test/
wiki: http://live.gnome.org/GStreamerMediaTest

xine and vlc have one too, but i dont know if its public.

-compn