[FFmpeg-devel] [bug/patch] MPEG-TS muxer: PCR not in sync withPTS/DTS

Niobos niobos
Fri Oct 2 08:50:32 CEST 2009

On 01 Oct 2009, at 16:20, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>> -{"muxrate", "set mux rate", OFFSET(mux_rate), FF_OPT_TYPE_INT,
>> DEFAULT, 0, INT_MAX, E},
>> +{"muxrate", "set mux rate", OFFSET(mux_rate), FF_OPT_TYPE_INT,
>> DEFAULT, INT_MIN, INT_MAX, E},
>
> iam against such hacks, rates are positive values
> about the rest of the patch, no comment, ive not reviewed it.

I agree that is is a hack.
However, I don't know enough of the ffmpeg-code to know if/where to
add an extra option such as -muxvbr or use some sort of -flags variant.

What would be the "right" way to activate VBR-muxing? Would it be wise
to make VBR the default and set an option for CBR muxing?

Niobos