[FFmpeg-devel] WMA: use a table instead of pow() in decode_exp_vlc

Mike Giacomelli giac2000
Thu Oct 1 20:09:49 CEST 2009

>I got the table size from Rockbox.  I don't know where they got it.

Trial and error.  Originally I picked started at 0, then -16 and?finally -60. ?

There are no known samples where this overflows.  I didn't originallysubmit that patch back to ffmpeg because I wanted to be sure.  Its beenover a year now and not a single bug report concerning that change,so I think its quite safe for all intact files.  I don't know ifbroken files could take other values or not.