[FFmpeg-devel] id3v2 TSSE tag

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Oct 18 01:29:15 CEST 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 06:46:20PM -0400, Justin Ruggles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently, if the TSSE tag exists, the mp3 muxer writes it twice.  It
> writes the original value as a TXXX/TSSE tag, then it writes a new TSSE
> tag with the lavf version.  Is this the intended behavior?

i doubt thats intended ....
hmm
* the demuxer should return all tags
* TSSE ?? what is TSSE? shouldnt that be renamed to something sane?
  we likely dont want "TSSE" to be stored in mov when transcoding

The question imho is should the muxer drop the encoder/muxer version
if it finds one in the metadata or should ffmpeg.c filter it out ...
iam not sure about which is better ATM

I have often repented speaking, but never of holding my tongue.
-- Xenocrates