[FFmpeg-devel] PATCH rtsp/sdp/multicast

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Sat Oct 24 15:35:09 CEST 2009

armand bendanan wrote:
> OK, diego, I got also a reply from Stefano.
> Here a new patch.

The patch addresses at least two issues:

- ATEME not putting "c=" line in certain cases (why?) [that's a quirk mode]

Looks like they got wrong the fact the "c=" line is non-optional
document wide but you can omit from the Session description IF you put
it in each media description and vice versa.

this part being a quirk mode should be marked as is (with loud warnings)

- ffmpeg way to pass parameters in url is suboptimal and in rtsp wrongly
handled.

That part is good, I wonder if there is interest in getting option
passing a bit more saner (since at least in rtsp and http you may have
url with params that may collide with ffmpeg internal ones...)

The initial email also point ffmpeg doesn't handle gracefully unexpected

Something alike your patch will hit svn soon, please contact ATEME and
ask about the c= line since at least from a cursory look at rfc 2327
they are sending a broken sdp.

lu

--

Luca Barbato