[FFmpeg-devel] Issue an error when forced format cannot be honnored

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Oct 27 13:58:20 CET 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 10:10:45PM +0100, Etienne Buira wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 06:58:10PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 12:11:05AM +0200, Etienne Buira wrote:
> > above is a slightly cleaner variant alternatively maybe the actual string
> > could be stored and the format searched when the in/out is clearer
> > there are probably other options but keeping a second variable
> > (forced_format) in sync seems a little fragile to me
>
> Hi.
>
> Does this patch look better?
>
> With this patch, I don't see the need to keep file_iformat and
> file_oformat globals, so there is a second patch to make them local to
> opt_{in,out}put_file.

both patches ok, if tested, also i assume you checked that there are no
missing =NULL inits?
and the ==NULL is redundant in principle but it does no harm

The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision
of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet
notwithstanding go out to meet it. -- Thucydides