[FFmpeg-devel] Help needed with a codec

Kostya kostya.shishkov
Thu Sep 3 14:51:37 CEST 2009

Here is a bit of code I wrote in my free time.
I suspect I won't have it (free time) until winter, so I release this in
a hope it will be useful for somebody and that somebody will finish and
commit it.

It seems to play Bink files I have at hand with medium artifacts that
are likely caused by slightly different DCT approach.
Bink has predefined fixed-point (32.16) quantization tables and dequants
coefficients during DCT as (coef[i] * quant[i]) >> 11. I have to shift
by 16 to use IDCT from dsputil, so quality is degraded.

Also this code needs Bink demuxer <adsense>and plays better with Bink
audio decoder</adsense> by Peter Ross, so if you want it working, kick
him or Daniel Verkamp who promised to finish Bink decoder.