[FFmpeg-devel] Adding Teletext Tags to mpeg TS demuxer

Laurent Aimar fenrir
Sun Sep 20 14:44:24 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> It seems CODEC_ID_EBU_TELETEXT might be more correct if it is really
> defined by EBU and not DVB. Subtitle type makes more sense indeed, the
> rest of the patch is ok (language..)
>
> I'm not sure about VBI_DATA though, it's more data IMHO ;)
 In fact, teletext streams are just a subset of what can be present in a VBI
streams. You can create a teletext stream by keeping only teletext packets
from a VBI one (exact same syntax).

 In the wild, you can see TS that have:
 - Teletext only
 - VBI only (containing teletext or not)
 - or both as above (and yes, that means that sometimes you have the teletext
data in both streams).

Regards,

--
fenrir