[FFmpeg-devel] add MJPEG support into RTP output

Luca Abeni lucabe72
Thu Apr 8 09:53:39 CEST 2010

Hi Martin,

Martin Storsj? wrote:
> All current packetizers buffer the data they're going to send within
> RTPMuxContext->buf, but splitting ff_rtp_send_data this way does allow us
> to avoid one layer of buffering, if each individual packetizer wants to.
> You need to hear from Luca A if he's ok with this approach.

Well, I am not sure about this. I am currently undecided, but it other
people like the idea of splitting ff_rtp_send_data(), I am ok with it.
Let's just be sure that there are enough people in favour of this solution.

In any case, what I do not want to see is a non-uniformity between the
various packetisers. If we decide to split ff_rtp_send_data(), then all
the packetisers must be converted. Having some packetisers implemented in
the old way and some in the new one is (IMHO) not acceptable.