[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Removing non-pthreads support

Måns Rullgård mans
Wed Apr 21 15:15:15 CEST 2010

Dave Yeo <daveryeo at telus.net> writes:

> On 04/20/10 03:43 am, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
>> Dave Yeo<daveryeo at telus.net>  writes:
>>> On 04/19/10 02:16 pm, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> [...]
>>> Make test succeeds on OS/2 with pthreads enabled whereas os2threads
>>> are currently broken.
>> Then I suppose nobody will miss it if we remove it.
> I think it should be totally rewritten. In the absence of a volunteer
> to rewrite it (I'll ask around), it should probably be removed in a
> week or so.

If nobody has presented a strong case for keeping OS/2 and BeOS
threads support by Friday, I will delete them.  Simply fixing them is
_not_ enough.  I require 1) evidence that they perform significantly
better than pthreads on the same systems, and 2) reason to believe
they will be maintained.

M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com