[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg MPEG TS stream transcoding failed

jianwen chen jianwen.chen.video
Mon Aug 2 17:13:14 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 3:44 AM, Stefan Gehrer <stefan.gehrer at gmx.de> wrote:

> On 07/29/2010 08:35 PM, jianwen chen wrote:
>
>> 3.  Questions
>> So if I want support cavs TS transcoding, I mean in the TS file, the video
>> is cavs and the audio can be any other formats.
>> What should I do? We need a patch to do that?
>>

> To successfully store a video of certain type in a container
> there must be some defined way of how a decoder/demuxer can
> recognize the video type. In AVI it is a four-letter code
> (fourcc) and I arbitrarily chose it to be "cavs". This is
> not standardized anywhere so only software that uses a recent
> enough libavformat can actually demux such Chinese-AVS-in-AVI
> files.

  Thanks, Stefan.
  Yes. I want to generate the avi streams with CAVS video and any audio
format. For the fourcc, AVS group has registered a reserved code for it.
I am asking for the AVS system spec. and I will send you a copy when
I get it. It will resovle this problem

> For MPEG TS, the video codec is defined in a single byte
> stream_type. You can see the currently supported types in
> libavformat/mpegts.h as STREAM_TYPE_* and you can see that
> there is no value for Chinese AVS. It either has not been
> standardized or we are not aware of it. If you could somehow
> clarify how Chinese AVS is supposed to be stored in TS
> the actual patch itself would probably be trivial.
>
>   For the TS streams, actually, they also registered a value. We need check

the system spec. for it. The target is generating the TS with AVS video and
mp3 or other audio formats. Then, ffmpeg can support the transcoding from
any
media file to media file with cavs video.