[FFmpeg-devel] Interpolation algorithms for FFmpeg

Sebastian Vater cdgs.basty
Tue Aug 3 22:08:32 CEST 2010

Loren Merritt a ?crit :
> On Tue, 3 Aug 2010, Sebastian Vater wrote:
>>
>> If I'm not wrong then most of the speed gain can be achieved by doing a
>> 100% integer (fixed point) version?
>
> float->int16 approximately doubles throughput. Or converting only most
> of it to int16 (which I have done) is 1.8x so far (over nnedi3-0.9.1).
> int8 would be faster, but also loses a signficant amount of precision,
> so I ruled that out.
> The remaining optimization idea I had involves exploiting isotropy to
> reduce the number of edge orientations the ANN has to deal with. But
> that involves retraining, so it'll take longer to test.

Did you test float->int also? Also target CPU "optimal" int? Is there
any difference? Or is the bottleneck actually the bandwidth throughput?

I guess you meant these examples for x86?

This actually sounds very interesting and I will take a look on this,
too. Since this sounds not too intensive, but would solve my Bachelor
vs. gsoc task scheduling time in a great way!

--

Best regards,
                   :-) Basty/CDGS (-: