[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] unix socket protocol and our proto situation

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Aug 18 23:06:13 CEST 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 01:39:59PM +0300, Martin Storsj? wrote:
[...]

> Currently the problem manifests itself when reading realtime data, and
> av_find_stream_info() reads in quite a bit of data before returning the
> control to the app. After this, there's already quite a bit of data ready,
> so it may take a while before ffplay calls av_read_frame() enough to
> actually read more data from the underlying layer, and we will have missed
> packets.

it should be trivial to read a new packet from the demuxer/proto for every
2 returned from the ques to ffplay via av_read_frame()
patch is welcome for that

The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.
-- Aristotle