[FFmpeg-devel] Symbol versioning failure on Android

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Wed Dec 8 19:13:48 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 01:45:27PM +0200, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2010, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 11:37:56AM +0200, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> > > On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > An even more accurate, but more messy, solution would be to link a full
> > > binary, then examine the built binary and see if it specifies
> > > /system/bin/linker as its dynamic linker. (I'm not totally sure of how to
> > > achieve that cleanly, though.)
> >
> > You can add a function like:
> >
> > check_string(){
> >     log check_string "$@"
> >     str="$1"
> >     shift
> >     check_ld "$@" && strings $TMPE | grep -q "$str"
> > }
> >
> > And then you can use it this way:
> >
> > check_string /system/bin/linker <<EOF && echo disable symver
> > int main(void){ return 0; }
> > EOF
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, the attached patch does things this way.
>
> So, now there's three options. Which one is preferred?

Hm, I only saw two.
But I do think that if in any way possible configure should
check for the actual feature, not use some hacks based on the path/name
of the linker or the target system that have no direct relation at all,
this almost always means just delaying the proper solution.