[FFmpeg-devel] port mplayer eq filter to libavfilter

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Thu Dec 9 13:39:29 CET 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 12:26 AM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 10:18:20PM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>> > On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 07:16:40AM -0500, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > what brokenness of mplayer do you refer to (in respect to video filters) ?
>>
>> Mixing of C code and ASM. It's a bad idea.
>
> bad idea is oppinion aka bikeshed, not saying i disagree or agree on that
> oppinion just saying that thats a bit weak to call it broken IMHO

This is something I put in doc/optimization.txt because it's so
important. Anyway, let's not bikeshed then, I'm fine with the idea of
a patchset - in fact, it's probably better than the single-merged
patches. Let's just agree on that. As long as the final product is
"fixed" with whatever problem we identify, and I don't get the
"bikeshed" reply on every relevant change that I'd like done on the
patches (seriously, the bikeshed word is used a lot here lately - and
inappropriately), it's fine with me.

Ronald