[FFmpeg-devel] Symbol versioning failure on Android

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Tue Dec 14 00:41:23 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 11:16:32PM +0200, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2010, Benjamin Larsson wrote:

> > > Anyone opposed to applying this one? This way, we do no ugly magic or
> > > detection or anything such, and it's totally up to the person building it
> > > to disable it. And if the android runtime linker starts supporting it at
> > > some point in the future, users can stop using this option if they want to
> > > target the newer versions.
> >
> > I like this one. We can add some docs for how to compile for Android. It
> > is non trivial anyway.
>
> Updated patch attached - this one is much cleaner, using the
> CMDLINE_SELECT list in configure which is the way it is supposed to be
> done, and added an entry to the configure --help list.

Patch looks OK.

It might still be useful to add some kind of autodetection of the Android
linker, not to change this option, but at least to print a warning
at the end of configure output. This may save quite some time to people
trying to compile for Android for the first time.

Aurel