[FFmpeg-devel] [Git] Checklist updated

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Wed Dec 15 00:15:05 CET 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 05:18:27PM +0200, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Dec 2010, Luca Barbato wrote:
>
> > - the main repo is ready
> > - the instructions got updated again and are pending further comments and
> > refinements
> > - The public key are missing, please provide them.
> >
> > As I can see we are ready here.
>
> Yes - to me, we're as ready as we can be before actually doing the switch.
>
> According to Janne, we're mostly waiting for an explicit "go" command from
> Michael. Michael, are you ok with Janne doing the switch now?

iam ok if

* We have a git help for svn users (iam ok with the current if a single devel
  who hasnt used git yet says he understand that and its enough)
   if not, people without git experience should review this text so it can
   be improved first)

* svnlog ML works and has been tested and its subscribe address if it differs
  from svnlog is made public so people can subscribe before git is started so
  people can have a full archive without manual mbox copying later

* There are no objections from root at mphq to the move, actually i would have
  expected some comments from them but only silence ...

* people are ok with me admin-ing the git accounts, this will reduce the stress
  and flames between me and root at mphq

And sorry for the lack of a reply from me earlier but a mix of busyness and
also myself not wanting to anger attila and diego with loud support for the
move have prevented that ...

I already wonder who will be the first to mess up the public git with a mistake
the cvs->svn move was alot easier as these systems are much more similar from a
users POV

In a rich man's house there is no place to spit but his face.
-- Diogenes of Sinope