[FFmpeg-devel] [Git] Checklist updated

Janne Grunau janne-ffmpeg
Wed Dec 15 11:09:05 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 01:22:24AM +0100, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 10:17:02PM -0200, Ramiro Polla wrote :
> > > * people are ok with me admin-ing the git accounts, this will reduce the stress
> > > ?and flames between me and root at mphq
> >
> > Can't we leave this to the videolan admins? I don't think they'd mind
> > doing this adding/removing accounts, and leaving this job to someone
> > not directly involved in FFmpeg would mean no stress and flames among
> > ourselves. And they're also very responsive.

I don't think it will a problem if we manage the accounts ourself, we
should agree on a policy though. Like announcing new accounts before
they are created. I wouldn't mind if it's just 1 second before others
might have other times in mind, it shouldn't be more than a couple of
days though. Don't remove commit access without prior discussion
(emergencies like vandalism of course excluded).

> We have a simple gitosis admin repo and gitosis admins can add/remove
> accounts by just comitting on this repo.
>
> Some VideoLAN admins, some VLC devs and jannau have write access to that
> admin repo.

I've added Michael also as gitosis admin

> It seems logical to me that important FFmpeg devs have write access to
> it too, so new accounts can be created faster.

I agree

Janne