[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] unix socket protocol and our proto situation

aviad rozenhek aviadr1
Wed Dec 15 18:12:50 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 18:59, Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 12/15/2010 05:37 PM, aviad rozenhek wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 17:46, JULIAN GARDNER <joolzg at btinternet.com>
> wrote:
> > I believe it is best to put a have a good default in place, so that
> > applications using the API or commandline users dont have to jump through
> > hoops to get udp input to work
>
> requesting larger system buffer just hides the problem IMHO.
>
> lu

I am all for implementing tight read loops in libav*, but its not going to
solve the problem on its own.
I already walked the *"tight sock read loop, with demux/decode in another
thread" *path*, *using my own code,
as did julian, using two independent implementations.
it doesnt help, there are still occasional losses/drops.
the only way I have found that fixes these problems is increasing the system
buffer.