[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Some ideas for roundup

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Tue Dec 21 01:03:46 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 03:11:37PM +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
> On 12/20/2010 12:39 PM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> > Topic or tag is quite indifferent to me.
>
> For roundup the semantics and usage is the same as the Tag you see in
> other social network, just the name is more precise.
>
> > Other issues:
> >
> > * it would be nice to show the creation date rather than the activity,
> >   older issues should be displayed on top of the list by default so
> >   that they will get more attention
>
> Prepare the custom query and I'll add it.
>

> > * what about to list all the bugs on the same page? It is quite
> >   annoying to browse through many pages, having all the bugs on the
> >   same page would be much simpler.
>
> You do not want that, the browser would crawl and the server would work
> more for no use.

listing all bugs on a single page is easy in a server friendly way.
cronjob
about browser, no comment

> > * issue filtering: for example I might want to see only the issues
> >   related to topic1+topic2-topic3 which are older than two
> >   months. Would be this possible?
>
> Intersection and union operator aren't exposed by the current query
> builder, still I'd like to think a bit more before adding more load to
> the server. (and maybe work with upstream to get the orm use the db
> better...)

A pretty naive implementation of this should with the few thousand issues we
have easily allow thousands of such querries on a 486 33mhz per second
lucky there are a few bloat layers and a database

I have often repented speaking, but never of holding my tongue.
-- Xenocrates