[FFmpeg-devel] Multiple [in] in filtergraph syntax

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala
Wed Dec 22 21:52:05 CET 2010

On date Wednesday 2010-12-22 21:08:33 +0100, tajz encoded:
> tajz a ?crit :
> >>On date Saturday 2010-12-18 18:37:33 +0100, tajz encoded:
> >I am working on a video filter of my own, may be a bit outside the
> >FFMPEG straight target features.
>
> Thanks to you, I have a very early version of that "filter". It is
> mainly vf_drawtext with a few adds.
>
> It reads a GPS tracklog file, then use the GPS time of the first
> frame, both are parameters, and then overlays GPS data synchronized
> with the video.
> Here is my first sample :
> <http://vimeo.com/18094738>

Nice!

Note that currently the main problem with drawtext is that it lacks
anti-aliasing, and I'm too lazy for doing that (or waiting someone
else to do that).

> Don't you think that graphics primitives should go to libavutil
> (near pixdesc and pixfmt) ?

libavutil is not meant for multimedia/graphics (as weird as it sounds,
and note that pixdesc.c and pixfmt.c will be moved to libavcore at the
next libavutil bump).

And libavcore is maybe yet too generic for that, so libavfilter looks
the right place for that.

> Several filters are using pixels, rectangles, or even text
> rendering. I think it could be shared in libavutil ?
> We may have a "full buffer" and a "sliced" version, to cope with efficiency.

Maybe there is something useful in vf_pad.c, which can be generalized.

--
FFmpeg = Foolish and Faithful Most Problematic Ecumenical Game