[FFmpeg-devel] [POC] SDL display lavfi sink

Aurelien Jacobs aurel
Sun Dec 26 18:50:09 CET 2010

On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 03:16:17AM +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> On date Friday 2010-12-03 19:03:46 +0100, Luca Barbato encoded:
> > On 12/1/10 6:50 PM, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> >
> > >Maybe someone can suggest a better widget library supporting multiple
> > >windows (or even better implement a corresponding sink).
> >
> > You might use:
> >
> > - X11 (a pain)
> > - XCB (different pain)
> > - Evas+Ecore (I'm thinking about adding a ffplay replacing it already)
>
> Updated version, which avoids the SDL crash. Anyway since SDL only
> supports one window this can't work with ffplay (but can be used with
> ffmpeg, useful for checking how the transcoding is doing).

Having some SDL code in lavfi sounds pretty wrong to me.
I think it would fit better as a sdl "muxer" in libavdevice (the same
way we already have x11 and v4l "demuxer").
Then we could have a vsink_device which would use any available
video "muxer" from libavdevice.

> I'm also working on an ecore+evas version, let me know if you're
> interested with helping.

It should IMHO go in libavdevice too.

Aurel