[FFmpeg-devel] rtp streaming x264+audio issues (and some ideas to fix them)

Luca Barbato lu_zero
Sun Feb 7 11:20:57 CET 2010

On 02/07/2010 10:25 AM, Martin Storsj? wrote:
> Yes, the caller (which knows about all the RTP muxers for the session), be
> it either ffmpeg.c, the upcoming RTSP muxer or an application using the
> RTP muxers directly, would have to coordinate the value - the RTP muxer
> itself can't do it since it doesn't know anything about the other RTP
> streams. (Didn't know for sure which muxer you referred to above.) The
> proposed patch at least is a step in this direction, getting less bad
> sync, although it isn't the full, final solution.

Your rtsp muxer solves a bit of this issue, the main issue  is that
sending bare rtp streams w/out any means to organize them is _always_
problematic

> So, how should the RTP muxer callers communicate the coordinated NTP start
> time for the stream? My suggestion is setting it in some metadata field -
> then the RTP muxer can use that if it is set, otherwise just locally fetch
> the current NTP time as it does currently.

Yet another option we would have to pass around...

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo/linux