[FFmpeg-devel] Fix libx264

Måns Rullgård mans
Tue Feb 23 14:35:17 CET 2010

Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras at gmail.com> writes:

>>> You don't need different flags if you use a different compiler,
>> That's the silliest claim I've read all week. ?I have a number of
>> compilers here, all targeting Linux/ARM, with totally incompatible
>> flags.
> They all support -l${library} don't they? Otherwise the current
> "require  libx264 x264.h x264_encoder_encode -lx264 -lm" wouldn't
> work. Therefore they all support -lpthread, or whatever pkg-config
> throws.

Yes, all compilers I know of support -llib, but they do *NOT* all
support -pthread, -pthreads, -Kthreads, etc.

>>> you need different flags if you use a different system,
>> The compiler is part of the system. ?Ergo, using a different means
>> using a different system.
> No. I have a Fedora system in my PC, and I can use gcc or clang. Same
> system, different compiler.

You are very narrow-minded.

>>> but pkg-config is meant to be used on the same system. So there are
>>> no problems.
>> You really have no clue at all.
> Your definition of "system" must be different than the rest of the
> world then.

Call it build environment then.  Whatever you choose to call it, the
compiler is part of it, and the flags can change without .pc files
magically updating themselves.

M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com