[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] libswscale palette output implementation

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Jan 2 18:50:36 CET 2010

On Sat, Jan 02, 2010 at 09:48:48AM +0200, Kostya wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 01, 2010 at 11:17:59PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 01, 2010 at 11:00:08PM +0100, Stefano Sabatini wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > Mmh OK, do you already have some ideas about how to make sws_scale()
> > > manage such a thing?
> > >
> > > I mean: sws_scale() is passed in input a slice, it needs the whole
> > > image in order to be able to compute the quantization palette, but
> > > it is supposed to immediately draw in output the scaled slice.
> >
> > it is supposed to draw as much as it can, this could be 0 lines already
> > now
>
> So, did you give a hint that it may store everything to some internal
> buffer and perform conversion after last slice is called?

if you use a large vertical filter, like lets say one that does gaussian
blur over 100 input lines or a sinc rescaler with similar large suport and
then input 8 lines per slice you will not get a single line out until you
have feeded enough slices in. Yes swscale buffers it internally since many
years, theres no way scaling with slices could work otherwise

The real ebay dictionary, page 1
"Used only once"    - "Some unspecified defect prevented a second use"
"In good condition" - "Can be repaird by experienced expert"
"As is" - "You wouldnt want it even if you were payed for it, if you knew ..."