[FFmpeg-devel] FOSDEM 2010

François Revol revol
Tue Jan 5 23:51:11 CET 2010

> On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 04:09:49PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > In one month's time FOSDEM 2010 kicks off in Brussels with a
> > spectacular Beer Event on the evening of the 5th of February, to be
> > followed by presentations and demo stands on the following days
> > (6th-7th).
> >
> > FFmpeg/MPlayer will be there with a stand, so we need some people
> > be there keeping it manned at all times.  A stand consists of a
> > 1x2m
> > table and the wall behind it, so there's much less space than a
> > LinuxTag booth.
> >
> > FOSDEM is much less formal than LinuxTag.  No registration is
> > required, but I would still like to get a general idea of how many
> > devs intend to turn up.
>
> I'll try to make it to FOSDEM this year.  I've been eager to visit it
> since forever, it's high time to get to know it...

Yeah it's a must, really :)

Btw, I'm the chairman for the Alt-OS devroom, if you have an idea for a
speech about porting ffmpeg or something alike, I'd be happy to include
it in the schedule!
(no I did *not* talk about porting an OS to ffmpeg, mru! :p)

cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/rosetta-os/t/16964e21bef27116

Fran?ois.