[FFmpeg-devel] Symbol versioning, Round 3

Reinhard Tartler siretart
Fri Jan 8 12:44:31 CET 2010

On Mi, Dez 30, 2009 at 01:16:35 (CET), M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:

> Reinhard Tartler <siretart at tauware.de> writes:
>> Hi,
>> Changes for this time:
>>  - implemented a templated based approach for version files
>>  - .v is the input, .ver is the generated version script
>> M?ns already mentioned that this change needs to consider non gnu ld
>> implementations as well and offered to integrate this as well. Does this
>> offer still stand?
> Sure, but only after the approach as such has been approved, and I'm
> back home.  The latter will happen in January.

short status update, I didn't start the transition in neither debian nor
ubuntu yet, because I'd prefer to have this applied to svn trunk
first. Still, I already uploaded it to debian/experimental. The patch
I've used can be seen here:

I've also done testbuilds on mplayer and vlc, both applications continue
to work with this patch.

Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4