[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] RTMP support with Red5

Art Clarke aclarke
Sat Jan 9 21:21:42 CET 2010

On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 6:29 AM, Kostya <kostya.shishkov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 04:07:18PM +0200, Sergiy wrote:
> > 2010/1/9 Kostya <kostya.shishkov at gmail.com>:
> >
> > > Probably it still uses receive-reply-compare scheme.
> >
> > For rtmp-output, handshaking with red5 succeessed, due FFmpeg sending
> > serverdata[] to server again w/o modification. In spec. it sending C2,
> > that filled by S0.
> > I think, that it's RED5 problem.
>
> Partially it may be for my code not supporting simple handshaking.
> I'll try to hack something in a few days.

I don't really know the RTMP handshake code in Red5 well but I am one of the
Red5 developers (i.e. I can check-in fixes).  As you're working on this,
feel free to contact me off list (aclarke at xuggle.com) and I'll try to bridge
the gap between the FFmpeg team and that team.  I can create a Red5 branch
if necessary for us to test changes, and then shepherd getting any fixes
into Red5.

For now, thanks Sergiy -- I'll work backwards from today's Red5 and try to
find the last version that appeared of Red5 that worked with FFmpeg (knowing
that you had it working around r3950 helps bound my search).

And Kostya, the simple handshake work would be appreciated.  I'll report
back what I find and please let me know what you guys find.

- Art

--
http://www.xuggle.com/
xu?ggle (z?' gl) v. To freely encode, decode, and experience audio and

Use Xuggle to get the power of FFmpeg in Java.