[FFmpeg-devel] libavcodec.so: undefined reference to `svq3_luma_dc_dequant_idct_c

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Mon Jan 11 02:16:53 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 11:17:54PM +0100, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 08:28:02PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > > Attached patch is not very pretty but it fixes this issue.
> > > It allows compiling h264 decoder with svq3 disabled and optimisation disabled.
> >
> > i think i dont want h264.c any more messy than needed.
> > Especially not for support of disabled optimizations
>
> I'm not pushing this patch. It was just to show that it's easily fixable.
> But I agree that it's quite ugly. And it only fixes a highly unprobable
> and unuseful situation. People who compile with almost everything disabled
> are certainly making some kind of "release" with space constraint (or
> similiar). In such such a situation they shouldn't disable optimizations.
>
> > That said, iam happy to see someone work on h264.c
>
> Well, you shouldn't really count on me to work on h264.c, except maybe
> some spliting or similiar cosmetics (no I don't have any specific plan).

note, i likely will look at spliting h264.c in the next few days if i find
the time.

> > and also happy to see you didnt dissapear like diego said ...
>
> I actually disapeared for a few weeks, but I'm back. Even though I have
> less free time than I used to, I still plan to do some work on ffmpeg.

less free time is bad, still working on ffmpeg is good :)

Rewriting code that is poorly written but fully understood is good.
Rewriting code that one doesnt understand is a sign that one is less smart
then the original author, trying to rewrite it will not make it better.