[FFmpeg-devel] IRC shit smearing

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sat Jan 16 04:02:10 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 09:14:51PM -0500, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> > Dark_Shikari & mru If you have suggestions for improvment of what i do
> > my email address is in the from line of this email, if not then i dont
> > think you have to do this kind of shit smearing.
>
> And to respond to this, I 100% agree with what mru says here:
>
> 10:07 <@mru> I don't think michael has the slightest clue about how irc works
> 10:07 <@mru> 1. anyone is free to join, even he
> 10:08 <@mru> 2. things are often said without much thought
> 10:08 <@mru> 3. joking and sarcasm is rife (at least on this channel)
>
> I will absolutely not let IRC be turned into a place where we have to
> consider every word we say for 5 minutes just to make sure we don't
> offend everyone.

iam not asking for that, iam just asking to see critique thats related to
my code.

What do you guys think about just posting the IRClog every 24h to ffmpeg-dev?
That way people who arent on IRC could comment on issues and questions raised
on IRC. After all the irc channel is about ffmpeg development so publically
archiving its discussions seems not that unreasonable to me. ffmpeg
development is done in public and anyone could logon irc and read the
discussions, log the discussions and otherwise as well do what he chooses
with them anyway.

The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend
to be. -- Socrates