[FFmpeg-devel] IRC shit smearing

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Jan 17 01:43:59 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 10:41:39PM -0500, compn wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 04:02:10 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 09:14:51PM -0500, Jason Garrett-Glaser wrote:
> >What do you guys think about just posting the IRClog every 24h to ffmpeg-dev?
> >That way people who arent on IRC could comment on issues and questions raised
> >on IRC. After all the irc channel is about ffmpeg development so publically
> >archiving its discussions seems not that unreasonable to me. ffmpeg
> >development is done in public and anyone could logon irc and read the
> >discussions, log the discussions and otherwise as well do what he chooses
> >with them anyway.
>
> probably someone will speak up against public logs.

it seems noone did at least not on the ML

anyway, iam fine with logs send to a private ML as well, I just think
that developers should be able to follow discussions related to their code
without having to be logged on IRC 24h.

So if the people on IRC agree then it would be nice if you or someone else
could setup some script that does post the log onto some mailinglist.
(for ML creation, if the people on IRC prefer a private ML instead of
ffmpeg-dev contact attila but i think you know that)

Breaking DRM is a little like attempting to break through a door even
though the window is wide open and the only thing in the house is a bunch
of things you dont want and which you would get tomorrow for free anyway