[FFmpeg-devel] pixfmt.h installed header using HAVE_BIGENDIAN?

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Sun Jan 17 15:02:25 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 02:59:07PM +0100, Reimar D?ffinger wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 01:48:23PM +0000, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> > Reimar D?ffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> writes:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > > am I missing something or is this a double-WTF?
> > > First, pixfmt.h uses HAVE_BIGENDIAN which is a big no-no for an installed header,
> > > but in addition it does not include config.h, so even pixdesc.c ends up saying
> > > In file included from pixdesc.c:22:
> > > pixfmt.h:130:5: warning: "HAVE_BIGENDIAN" is not defined
> >
> > I know, and it's a problem.  Some discussion here:
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.ffmpeg.devel/81522
>
> That one I though was fixed. Any objections if I just apply patch
> below for now, in the worst case it breaks building of some
> applications, but that's still better than breaking them
> at runtime on bigendian which would happen right now.

patch ok
please commit!
also recent rgb<->bgr bugfixes should be checked to make sure they
wherent caused by lack of config.h and the commited fixed actually
broke things

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated
form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. -- Plato