[FFmpeg-devel] Regression: r20954-5 broke threads auto in libx264

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Thu Jan 21 00:15:57 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 02:56:48PM -0800, Baptiste Coudurier wrote:
> On 01/20/2010 02:53 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>>> i agree but until ffmpeg itself supports auto there can be no
>>> default=auto
>>> because the default should match between encoders and the default
>>> should work.
>>>
>>> This needs a volunteer to implement auto thread support in ffmpeg.
>>
>> Iam really not happy about libx264 and the rest of ffmpeg behaving
>> quite differently. I dont mind seriously on a temporary scale but i
>> definitly would prefer that we work toward keeping their defaults
>> the same and not making them more different
>
> Well, maybe it's the right time to improve ffmpeg defaults ?
>
> I would be ok with that.

iam happy with whatever defaults the people prefer

When you are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself and study your
own failings. Then you will forget your anger. -- Epictetus