[FFmpeg-devel] Behaviour of url_read_complete

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Jan 24 10:41:14 CET 2010

On Sat, Jan 23, 2010 at 08:52:59PM -0800, Art Clarke wrote:
> So your patch is right -- but people shouldn't use url_read_complete(...) if
> they want to do non-blocking socket I/O.

If you want to do that you would have to have support for resuming a read
anyway, so what would be the advantage of using url_read_complete?
And please if you have suggestions for improving the documentation say so.

> Protocol handler to not use url_read_complete(...) so it works for
> non-blocking I/O

Making it not use it everywhere I think would make things really ugly.
As I understand it, the point of url_read_complete is exactly _not_
having to do that kind of checks all over the place.
Though it might be enough to just replace it at some strategic points...