[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Bug Bounty
Fri Jan 29 12:39:08 CET 2010
As our foundation is apparently nearing fully functional status.
Heres my first suggestion of what to do with some of the donations
Dear gentelflamers may i present to you today my proposal of bug bounties,
The idea behind it is to dispose of the many old bugs that dont seem to
receive the attention they should.
* Only reproduceable bugs and reproduceable fixes are eligible
* The fix must reach main ffmpeg svn (and not be reverted at the spot;)
that also implicates proper & clean fixes only
* Duplicate bugs are not eligible, if a fix fixes 3 bugs only the highest
of the 3 bounties is payed.
* The rules and bounties can be changed by the developers of ffmpeg through
a vote or by the project leader.
* People must keep track of their own bounties and notify the treassurer
within 1 month of closing the respective bug.
* IF Bug older than 24 month: 40 Euro (there are 15 such bugs currently)
* ELSE IF Bug older than 12 month: 20 Euro (there are 59 such bugs currently)
* ELSE IF Bug older than 6 month: 10 Euro (there are 88 such bugs currently)
If all these bugs where fixed this would coast the foundation 2660 Euro.
In that sense it appears a nice thing, fix all bugs older than 6 month for 2k6
[count of bugs from the roundup search of its webinterface]
An alternative bounty system would be:
* bugs must be at least 6 month old
* bugs receive age_in_month*2 euro
this would lead to a more smooth relation between age and bounty but iam too
lazy to count how much money this would cost the foundation for all current
* Can we do this or are there some legal/ tax issues for the foundation
with such many payments to probably quite different people over the
comments, flames, love letters, death threats?
Michael GnuPG fingerprint: 9FF2128B147EF6730BADF133611EC787040B0FAB
The real ebay dictionary, page 1
"Used only once" - "Some unspecified defect prevented a second use"
"In good condition" - "Can be repaird by experienced expert"
"As is" - "You wouldnt want it even if you were payed for it, if you knew ..."
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the ffmpeg-devel