[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Bug Bounty

Rafaël Carré rafael.carre
Fri Jan 29 14:14:06 CET 2010

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:29:16 +0100
Benjamin Larsson <banan at ludd.ltu.se> wrote:

> Michael Niedermayer wrote:

..

> > Open questions:
> > * Can we do this or are there some legal/ tax issues for the
> > foundation with such many payments to probably quite different
> > people over the planet?

You could also make payments in the form of gifts for some websites,
amazon for example sell gift cards.

This could make payment easier, not sure if it would evade taxing though

> > comments, flames, love letters, death threats?

I wouldn't bet much on the success of bounty programs, considering what
i've seen in the past (like in gnome and gaim), though if the bugs do
not require too high capabilities it could be different.

> I like this idea. Now we just need the funds to cover all this.

VideoLAN could probably could make a gift to FFmpeg to sponsor such a
program, though we need to discuss it. (We all agree about sending
cones, but I guess money would be more attractive :) )

--
Rafa?l Carr?