[FFmpeg-devel] MPEG user data handling (read & write sample patches attached)

Daniel Kristjansson danielk
Thu Jul 1 17:41:32 CEST 2010

I posted a patch earlier that decoded captions in user data, but
it used fixed sized arrays and also a suggestion was made that
the raw user data be passed to the application instead.

Attached are two patches. One allows writing user data and has been
tested and works. The other is parses out user data from the video
stream and passes it out on the video frames but has not been tested.

I'd like to know if I'm on the right track here before proceeding.

Anyone writing captions in user data will be generating user data
anyway, so this avoids having a different interface for reading
and writing captions. The user_data to cc packet decoder function
will still be available in MythTV for anyone to look at when working
on their own app. Also using the same interface for reading and
writing user data should also make transcoding while preserving
captions fairly simple to do.

-- Daniel