[FFmpeg-devel] Democratic election of the server admins

Jason Garrett-Glaser darkshikari
Sun Jul 4 00:58:13 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Jason Garrett-Glaser
<darkshikari at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
>> Hello thouse who rule, thouse who are all the developers of ffmpeg.
>>
>> I belive that ffmpeg as fundamentally democratic project
>
> It's rather hard to be a "fundamentally democratic project" with you
> as the BDFL.
>
> Not that there's anything wrong with that. ?Democracy is overrated.
>
> Dark Shikari

To elaborate: mixing politics and coding is a terrible, terrible,
terrible idea.  Creating "elections" in a project that is primarily
about coding is going to do nothing but create unnecessary divisions,
hassle, and animosity.  If you want to pick admins, find a better way
to do it.

Dark Shikari