[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] New library for shared non-generic libav* utils

Michael Niedermayer michaelni
Fri Jul 9 21:23:14 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 09, 2010 at 05:50:02PM +0100, M?ns Rullg?rd wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:

> >> That code has been in ffmpeg since the beginning of time.  Why do you
> >> choose to complain about it now?
> >
> > because i saw it now when stefano wanted and did move it.
>
> You approved it without comment last time it was moved (from
> imgconvert to colorspace).

because i would only have held up stefanos work had i done something else.
there is noone who is going to improve it and its just a private header
so no object nor api bloat or any problem moving it elsewhere in the future

> >> Show me something, anything, that is truly complete.
> >
> > define truly complete
>
> Nothing left to be done.

thats then hello_world.c

I wish the Xiph folks would stop pretending they've got something they
do not.  Somehow I fear this will remain a wish. -- M?ns Rullg?rd