[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] TS/DVB subtitle sub_id hack

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger
Sun Jul 11 19:21:06 CEST 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 06:17:59PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> maybe something along the lines of:
> put the 2 ids in extradata in mpegts.c (1-2 line change)
> make dvbsub use the 2 ids from extradata (1-2 line change)
> if dvbsub finds no extradata print a big warning that multiple languages
> could be displayed on top of each other and display all.

Should the dvbsub decoder set the sub_id in this case?
Might be helpful to play things even without a PMT or other demuxers that
do not (yet) export such extradata or...

> if there are multiple pmt entries that refer to the same stream, create
> multiple subtitle streams with differening extradata.

This would be an extension of the functionality and I fear we might have
no samples for that. Would that be a requirement?