[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] libavfilter audio framework - split patches

S.N. Hemanth Meenakshisundaram smeenaks
Mon Jul 12 18:26:04 CEST 2010

> On date Sunday 2010-07-11 16:47:21 +0200, Michael Niedermayer encoded:
>> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 06:58:15AM -0700, S.N. Hemanth Meenakshisundaram
>> wrote:

>> duplicate of avfilter_ref_pic()
>>
>> duplicate of avfilter_unref_pic()
>>
>> duplicate of avfilter_get_video_buffer()

For these 3 functions using macros, I will factorize using macros as
Stefano suggested since the functions take different type/number of
arguments.

>> duplicate avfilter_request_frame()

For this one, I will eliminate request_samples completely.

> OK I indeed have the same concerns. I see two ways for fixing this:
> implementing some form of heiry macros, *or* generalize the code.
>
> Regards.
> --

Also attached are the new patches for generalization that go on top of
existing libavfilter code before any audio stuff.

First patch makes formats an int in the avfilter structures instead of
enum PixelFormat.

Second patch (on top of first) makes AVFilterPic into AVFilterBuffer,
removes w and h from it, makes required code changes and makes the
AVFilterBUffer's format field an int instead of PixelFormat.

Regards,