[FFmpeg-devel] [SAMPLE] WMAPro-in-WMAVoice

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje
Tue Jul 13 01:03:00 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 6:51 PM, Rafa?l Carr? <rafael.carre at gmail.com> wrote:
> From libavcodec/wmavoice.c
>
> /* First bit is speech/music bit, it differentiates between WMAVoice
> * speech samples (the actual codec) and WMAVoice music samples, which
> * are really WMAPro-in-WMAVoice-superframes. I've never seen those in
> * the wild yet. */
>
> Here's a sample (2.5MB):
> http://makingofeuropa.net/files/2006/03/05/1141584186680.wmv

Thanks, will put on my todo, Carl Eugen also provided a sample on
roundup a while back...

For anyone interested, the binary basically feeds the bitstream (not
bytestream!) literally into the WMAPro decoder after that one bit.
Shouldn't be terribly difficult to get to work, although simply
opening the decoder and calling avcodec_decode() won't work because
that works at te byte-level, not bit-level. Apart from that, as long
as you update the last_lsps[] and synth_history (or maybe reset, can't
remember) with whatever the WMAPro decoder outputs, you should be good
to go.

Ronald