[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] libavfilter audio - af_resample

S.N. Hemanth Meenakshisundaram smeenaks
Wed Jul 14 12:33:27 CEST 2010

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 03:14:31AM -0700, S.N. Hemanth Meenakshisundaram wrote:
>
>> Michael Niedermayer wrote:

>> Of course, vf_scale internally calls libswscale while af_resample is
>> currently duplicating a lot of lavc's resample & audioconvert.c code
>> internally so I could make changes if necessary.
>>
>> Should I instead wrap audioconvert for sample format conversion (use
>> av_audio_convert) and wrap resample.c for channel mixing. Also, perhaps
>> af_resample should be renamed to reformat to avoid confusing with the
>> downsampling/upsampling in lavc resample2.c
>>

> code should be efficient, not doing unneeded operations or copying.
> It would also be a plus if the individual parts could be used without
> avfilter.
>

> [...]
Hi All,

Attached is a patch for af_resample.c to avoid double free and so it
works with the common Pix Formats/Sample Formats enum. This only shows
differences from the previous version sent.

If no conversions are required, it just passes on the buffer to the next
filter.

I'll update libavfilter.texi with usage info. Since individual parts
need to be used externally, I will rewrite this to wrap available lavc
code wherever possible.

Regards,
Hemanth