[FFmpeg-devel] May RockPlayer be added to the FFmpeg-based Projects?

Måns Rullgård mans
Sat Jul 17 22:20:44 CEST 2010

Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> writes:

> pin xue <pinxue <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Could you please give me a hint on "react" on that issue, is it
>> enough to provide an explanation? I believe the submitter doesn't
>> understand LGPL at all.
>
> Careful.
>
> Note that I have asked you not to reply here, but on our issue tracker.
>
>> The "Maket Place" is running by Google instead of us. Could you
>> please check following text in LGPL 2.1, and ensure if it is
>> acceptable that we told users to install from Market in our website
>> and provide the source code in same website.
>
> I already tried to explain to you that this is _not_ what you are
> doing: I was actively searching for the FFmpeg sources and did not
> find the source code (before using the link in your mail). Apart
> from that, if your homepage is the only possibility to get to the
> Market Place (I don't know how it works) than it will possibly be
> enough to link from there.

The Android Market is typically accessed through an app directly on
the phone.  It displays a short description of each downloadable app
along with (optional) screenshots, link to official homepage, and a
few user comments.

--
M?ns Rullg?rd
mans at mansr.com